Friday 15 October 2010

Oh well .. never mind !

I cherish the time that i get to spend with my kids, They are both teenagers.. Claire`s 16 and Adams 17.
Until recently they lived there own lives and i only really ever saw them when  it was close to a special occasion .. eg. birthdays Christmas ect..apart from our regular weekends away at scarborough, of which, no doubt i will tell you more later.. Perfectly acceptable, after all, which teenager  wants there old man hanging around cramping their style ?
Then earlier this year the bottom of our familys world fell out when my beautifull daughter was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkins Lymphoma .. O.M.G !!!
She is now into month 3 of a 6 month Chemotherapy treatment, and is just flippin amazing. Nothing Phazes my girl at all as she takes it all in her stride..  i hope and pray to whomever is watching over us that she can get through this whole thing with the same gusto that she has currently.
Anyhoo.. as a result of this illness i now get to spend LOAAAAADSA time with my babygirl and get to see my boy much more now too, which is just fantastic !
Claire was gonna stay tonight at my house, as she does most Fridays lately, and was round this afternoon.
However plans change ! Its her maternal grans 60th this weekend and theres a big party at the family home in Barnsley .. so i have been left home alone ..arhhhhh x
Hovever the kids rarely get to see the maternal side of the family, and am sure they will all have a great time.
BESIDES .. i can now go out tonight to my local theatre group and get RATTED !!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good blog post mate, nice to see you embracing the wonders of modern technology :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS.
    I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan .. i`ve tried blogging for about 3 years m8 .. luckily i now have Claire around to show me how to work the damn thing .. BTW loving the match commentarys on FB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clairabellateapot
    You`ll never know how much i love you .
    have fun at margarets partaaaaaaay .. give my love to the Blacksmiths x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks to be a flippin' great blog - good luck!

    ReplyDelete